What Is HIPAA and How Does It Work?
1. HIPAA stands for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act established in 1996.
2. The act was made to improve the efficiency of the US healthcare system
3. They use standardized practices to secure and also increase the privacy of healthcare data.
4. HIPAA security rule works to protect Personal Health Information
5. HIPAA with the help of health and human services (HHS)regulates these data.
6. Together HIPAA and HHS released laws that forbid healthcare organizations from asking for patients' SSN numbers for their data collections.
7. The US congress passed the HIPAA omnibus Rule in 2013 to strengthen the HIPAA privacy and security rules.
8. They require healthcare organizations that transmit and store PHI to regularly conduct evaluation tests of their systems.
EVERTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HIPAA