When we talk about the best air purifier in the market, we generally tend to think about the way it works and how it handles the contaminants which affect the air quality.
The air quality has been degrading since the implementation of global lockdowns, and with the rising pollution levels in the metropolitan cities. Various air purifiers available in the market are claiming to rapidly transform the air quality of your room, so it is becoming difficult to decide which one to buy.
One way to decide is to look for those air purifiers which have a high CADR. Sounds difficult? No, it isn’t.
What is CADR?
The CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) is a statistical assessment to evaluate the effectiveness of the home air purifiers.
It is the rating that indicates the volume of air that is cleaned in CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) of the particles of a particular size.
It has been supplied independently by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM), which can provide us with the most accurate estimate of an air purifier’s functionality.
How to understand the CADR Rating System?
It is usually mentioned on the AHAM seal which is placed on the rear of the air purifier box. The air filtration per minute is directly proportional to the CADR number; the greater the CADR, the more air is filtered per minute. These ratings are used by consumers to compare air purifiers from different manufacturers.
These 3 common particles are usually taken for the examination:
- Smoke – particle size: 0.09-1.0m
- Dust- particle size: 0.5-3m
- Pollen-particle size: 5-11m
The CADR score is determined by evaluating the volume of clean air produced by the purifier when it has been used against these above-mentioned particles.
A high CADR score will eventually allow you to choose a better and efficient air purifier. With that in mind, it would be easy for you to make an educated choice of your air purifier before you purchase it, and buying that air purifier will help you to remove all the harmful pollutants from your workplace and home.
The air purifier’s effectiveness can only be determined by the type of air filter.
Realize that each purifier performs differently in a given space due to which we have included a broad choice of air purifiers significantly ideal for rooms with different sizes.
Here, we have mentioned some air purifiers with a high CADR rating ideal for your workplace and home.
5 Best High CADR Air Purifier
Levoit Core 300
The Levoit Core 300 is stunningly gorgeous and has the most compact 360° cylindrical design. It is poised to become the greatest budget air purifier for the coming years. It is a little air purifier with fewer settings, but reliable and proved to be useful in larger rooms. It has a TRUE HEPA Filter that can remove foul odors and contaminants ranging from pollen to pet dander.
- Levoit purifiers tends to avoid utilizing UV-C light- a method of air cleansing that can produce secondary pollutants and dangerous Ozone.
- It is regarded as the quietest air cleaner in the market which has QuietKEAP Technology that offers a noise level of near-silent 24dB, guaranteeing that the device will never hamper your good night’s sleep. You can sleep without the light distracting you; the display light can be turned off. The device has been integrated with a timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and a filter lifetime indicator has also been featured.
- Additionally, to its standard filters, the Levoit Core 300 offers three new options: Pet Allergy, Toxin Absorber, and Mold & Bacteria. In Pet Allergy filters a higher grade granular carbon filter increases the odor absorption of the pets and food. The Toxin Absorber can eliminate chemicals, gases, and Formaldehyde. Ultimately, Mold & Bacteria filter can add a new layer of anti-microbial treatment.
- You can get relief from your allergy symptoms such as sneezing and congestion caused by air-borne pollutants. The H13 True HEPA Filter, which works in tandem with the Pre-Filter and High Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter can capture up to 99.97% of air-borne particles of size 0.3 microns.
Medify MA-112 v2.0 Air Purifier
Medify Air comes from a well-known air purifier manufacturer based in the United States. The MA-112 model of Medify Air has the highest CADR unit in the series of air purifiers. Inspired by a mother’s desire to bring relief to her asthmatic daughters, Medify has been a trusted manufacturer since then, assisting numerous schools, medical offices, and individuals in creating safe workplaces with ultraclean air. If you want an air purifier with a high CADR and higher-grade filters then Medify MA-112 Air Purifier is made for you.
- it has been an ideal purifier for living rooms, offices, schools, universities, classrooms, and other commercial establishments. The large expanses up to 3700 square feet will be cleaned in one hour and 2500 square feet in 30 minutes by this air purifier.
- Medify Air has a sleek touch panel with an 0.8-hour timer, fan speed, optional ionizer, dust sensor, sleep mode, and filter replacement indicator and most importantly it has a child look which makes it suitable for kids and pets.
- It is quality tested and backed by CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certifications. If you use authentic Medify replacement filters then a USA-certified Lifetime Warranty is provided to you. The replacement filter will carry a life span of 3000 hours or approximately 6 months.
- A Dual HEPA H13 filtration technology of the air purifier allows you to remove 99.9% of pollutants down to 0.1 microns in size, including smells, smoke, pet dander, dust, and more. HEPA H11 captures finer particles.
Coway Airmega AP-1512H
Coway Airmega comes with fascinating cutting-edge capabilities to keep your indoor Air Clean. It has a four-stage filtration system to eradicate odors and pollutants. Also, it has a HEPA efficiency rating of 99.97% which is quite up decent. This formidable device has been incorporated with an air quality indicator that is sure to drive your air purifier into high gear when necessary and it turns itself off if no pollution is detected by it for 30 minutes.
- it can fit into rooms of a size up to 361 square feet and has a CADR rating of Dust is 246 cubic feet, Smoke is 233 cubic feet and Pollen is 240 cubic feet.
- It has a 4-stage filtration system starting from Pre-Filter, Deodorization Filter, True HEPA filter, and Vital Ion Filter. It can decrease odor and volatile organic pollutants. The washable and permanent pre-filter is developed to catch bigger dust particles. It helps asthmatic patients by catching air-borne particles such as dust, pet dander, and mold that may cause asthma and allergies.
- The timer feature has allowed the device to run for 1 hour, 4 hours, and 8 hours before it shuts down automatically. The filter replacement inspects both the Pre-Filter and the HEPA filter and alerts users when it is appropriate to replace them.
- 1-year limited guarantee has been assigned to cover any malfunction of internal and functional parts and a 3-year warranty covers the motor and electronic parts. Filters are not allowed.
Blueair Blue Pure 121 Air Purifier
The Blue Pure purifier is an AHAM Certified high CADR air purifier available in the market. Unlike the other purifiers of this series, it has been made visually appealing and features three stages of filtration with 360-degree air input. The 3-stage filtration system of this air purifier removes both foul odors and other contaminants from the air. It has pre-filter sleeves which are washable and permanent. A Polypropylene filter serves as the primary particle filter. It has a pleated Polypropylene filter that can serve as the primary particle filter. It also has abrasive-resistant media that traps dirt for long periods until they are necessary to get replaced.
- 99.98% of common airborne pollutants are trapped by its 3-part filtration technology. Some of them are Allergens, smells, smoke, mold spores, and pet dander.
- It has activated Carbon filters which can reduce common scents caused by smoke, pets, cooking, and foul room odors and gases (VOC).
- It has been designed for large spaces which are up to 600 square feet and often, 700 square feet in size. It is AHAM rated at 620 square feet size which makes it ideal for 3 fan speeds in large kitchens, bedrooms, and living rooms.
- It has got two separate units. Each unit comes with two washable pre-filters that are subjected to changes for matching them with any décor and for collecting big particles such as dust and pet hair. The pre-filters usually come in dark blue or grey but other colors can also be ordered independently.
Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier
Honeywell HPA300 is the air purifier manufactured by the Honeywell brand and is regarded to be the third-highest CADR air purifier behind the previous models of the Honeywell series. It is a member of our Allergen Plus line series. It has also been designated with Energy Star Certification by EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) after it proved to be an energy-efficient product by following EPA’s energy efficiency requirement. You should always consider buying genuine Honeywell replacement filters.
- it ascertains that it provides you with cleaner and fresher air. HEPA filtration which is proved to capture 99.97% of contaminants is recommended for extra-large rooms of 465 square feet.
- It is highly recommended that you use its genuine filters for maximizing performance. Replacement Air Purifiers that have compatibility may not provide the same performance or efficiency.
- It has 4 cleaning stages and one of which is Turbo Clean. It assists to capture small air-borne allergens and particles such as dust, pollen, pet dander, and dust mite detritus.
- It has a higher noise level than other purifiers in the same price range to compensate for the large fan and having a high ACH and ACR. This is the only device in which the manufacturer provided a turbo setting although with no silent mode.